Tuesday, April 12, 2011

When the Sun Comes Out

I awoke this morning thinking about the Japanese nuclear accident. This news hit a deep nerve. Fear of just such an event was drilled into everyone in my generation. The invisible force would torture, deform, kill and remain for thousands of years. Now they're saying it may not be so bad. I hope so. Those poor people.

After about a minute, I recognized this as negative thinking. No way could I do anything about it. Except pray.

"Dear God, only you are big enough to handle a disaster of this complexity and magnitude. Please keep your hand on the whole thing. Give the people in charge wisdom. Have mercy on and take care of those affected. Teach us lessons for the future. Please use even this situation to draw people's hearts toward yourself, that they too may be comforted by your presence. In Jesus' name, amen.

A sunbeam streamed in through a crack in the blinds. It looked like it was going to be a nice day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment