Friday, June 4, 2010

How this Blog Began

Several years ago, the storm of life that did me in also knocked me to my knees. I made it through only because Jesus carried me. Afterward, exhausted and weak, God led me on a journey of emotional healing. When I was on my feet again, God showed me the steps He used to heal me. Now I'm writing a book detailing that process.

Even though my big crisis is long gone, and I feel much better, my emotions still flare at the littlest things. Stress. Worry. Fear. I don't know why I'm so sensitive. Maybe the accumulation of past traumas has me on edge. Perhaps as I grow older my coping devices are wearing out. I realize my hormones, whether PMS or menopause, contribute to the problem. No matter what the cause, I know I want off this ride.

I'm tired of being tossed around by my negative emotions. I can't stop bad things from happening, but I can change my reaction to them. Now that I've experienced God's peace, I will no longer tolerate having a knot in my stomach. Why should I? The same steps Jesus taught me during my crisis work on everyday stress as well.

God isn't finished with me yet. Thankfully, He's still working on me, raising my level of inner peace and joy daily. I invite you to come along as I continue to use the tools God lovingly supplies to gain victory over painful emotions, and to keep my moods in check. See how the same help God provides me can help you, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment